Trauma-Informed Lens Podcast
Episode 21: Trauma & The Roads Model of Stress
Posted on February 9, 2018
Podcasters: Matt Bennett, Curt Mower, & Dr. Jerry Yager
In this episode, Matt, Curt, and Jerry examine how trauma affects how the brain processes information in the environment. A basic understanding of the brain helps us better understand the biological impact of trauma on thinking and behavior. Shining the trauma-informed lens on neurobiology helps us understand the needs of those we serve in a whole new light.
- How can you identify that someone is on the high long road?
- How can you identify that someone is on the low short road?
- How does this model help us conceptualize how trauma affects stimulus processes?
- How does this model inform our understanding of behaviors and thinking?
- How can we help those we work with understand their biology and work to heal it?
Learn more about this topic!
Blog Post: Biology of the Stress Response
Blog Post: Trauma’s Impact on the Stress Response
Listen now: Episode 21: Trauma & The Roads Model of Stress