Matt’s Reading List
Posted on July 18, 2018
- Bennett, M. S. (2017). Connecting Paradigms: A trauma-informed and neurobiological framework for Motivational Interviewing implementation. Denver, Colorado: Bennett Innovation Group.
- Bennett, M. S. (2018). Talking about Trauma & Change. A Connecting Paradigms’ Supplement. Denver, Colorado: Bennett Innovation Group.
Matt’s Reading List:
Trauma-Informed Systems and Organizations
- Bloom, S. L. & Farragher, B. (2013). Restoring Sanctuary: A New Operating System for Trauma-Informed Systems of Care. New York: Oxford Press.
- Bloom, S. L. & Farragher, B. (2011). Destroying Sanctuary: The Crisis in Human Services. New York: Oxford Press.
- Siegel, D. (2011). Mindsight: The new science of personal transformation. New York, NY: Random House.
- Siegel, D. (2007). The Mindful Brain. New York, NY: W. W. Norton & Company Ltd.
- Schwartz, J. D. & Begley, S. (2002). The Mind & The Brain: Neuroplasticity and the power of mental force. New York: HaperCollins.
- Burdick, D. (2013). Mindfulness Skills Workbook for Clinicians and Clients: 111 Tools, Techniques, Activities, & Worksheets. PESI Publishing & Media: Eau Claire, WI.
- Parnell, L. (2008). Tapping In. Sounds True: Boulder, Colorado.
- Herman, J. L. (1997). Trauma & Recovery. New York: Basic Books.
- Perry, B. & Szalavitz, M. (2007). The Boy who was Raised as a Dog: And other stories from a child psychiatrist’s notebook. New York: Basic Books.
- Mate, G. & Levine, P. A. (2010) In the Realm of Hungry Ghost: Close Encounters with Addition. Lyons, Colorado: The Ergos Institute.
- Mark, W. (2016). It Didn’t Start with You: How inherited family trauma shapes who we are and how to end the cycle. New York: Viking.
- Nakazawa, D. J. (2016). Childhood Disrupted: How Your Biography Becomes Your Biology, and How You Can Heal. New York: Atria Books.